Zoo’s gala benefits new Tiger Trail
A camel, porcupine, Burmese python and other animals mingled with the human sect at the San Diego Zoo’s “Midnight at the Oasis” gala on June 20. It was the 26th anniversary of Rendezvous In The Zoo (RITZ), which has raised more than $8.2 million for Zoo and Wild Animal Park projects since it began in 1984.
The event, which was held at the zoo, featured hors d’oeuvres, a silent auction, dinner, Joan Embery and animal friends, and dancing to the music of Wayne Foster Entertainment.
Proceeds from Midnight at the Oasis benefit the new Tiger Trail at the San Diego Zoo’s Wild Animal Park.
- ‘After Dark’ gala benefits Lux Art Institute
- Gala benefits Huntington’s Disease Society of America
- Fundraiser benefits Rady Children’s Cancer Center
- Opus 2008 gala kicks off Symphony’s season
- NCHS and SPCA’s Paws to Celebrate gala is on May 9
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=8090