Father of the Year award given to Carmel Valley dad
A Carmel Valley man was among this year’s five recipients of the 2009 Father of the Year Award, sponsored by the American Diabetes Association and the Father’s Day Council of San Diego.
Marshall Merrifield has lived in Carmel Valley with his wife Ginny and three children for the past 11 years. Merrifield is the CEO and majority owner of CLARK Security Products, the nation’s largest wholesale distributor of security hardware, and General Lock, a lock manufacturer of commercial grade hardware.
The fathers were selected based on “their ability to balance their personal and professional lives, and to serve as a role model for their children, while making a positive difference in their communities,” a release from the ADA stated.
The winners were honored at an awards banquet on June 18.
- Carmel Valley photographer featured in Nikon World
- Crime Report: Carmel Valley
- Carmel Valley merchants organize after robbery at bank
- Solana Beach resident earns Telly Award
- Carmel Valley resident helps La Jolla Coldwell grow
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=3641