Family campout starts on Aug. 1
Enjoy a night under the stars at La Colonia Park during the Solana Beach Family Campout Aug. 1 to 2. Family and friends pitch their tents on the large grass field Saturday evening, and the Solana Beach Parks and Recreation Department takes care of rest, including a spaghetti dinner and campfire program complete with s’mores. Campers wake up Sunday morning to Solana Beach Firefighters making pancakes.
The campout lasts from 5 p.m. on Saturday to 9 a.m. on Sunday.
Attendees should bring their own tents, sleeping bags, chairs, mosquito repellent and family games. Personal barbecues, fires, pets, tobacco and alcohol are not permitted.
Reserve a campsite for $25 per family. Only 40 spots are available, so sign up early. Sponsorships are available. To register, call the Parks and Recreation Department at (858) 720-2453.
- Wetlands mosquito spraying starts
- SoLo warehouse sale starts May 1
- Official: New rec center hours unrelated to city budget woes
- Locals arrested at DUI checkpoints over weekend
- Solana Beach City Council expands smoking ban
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=3615