Local wins gold at championship
Kenny Berger – an 11 year old, 7th grade honors student at Rancho Santa Fe Middle School – has won a Gold Medal in Weapons and the Title World Champion at the Tae Kwon Do World Championships as a 1st degree black belt. Kenny qualified to compete at the World Championships by achieving ranks in the top ten in the nation. He won four California State Champion Titles in Forms, Weapons, Sparring and Extreme Martial Arts Weapons and ranked number 1 in the nation in Forms. Kenny has been training at Church’s Martial Arts in Encinitas for four years.
- Tae kwan do titles abound for locals
- 10-year-old champ taking taekwondo world by storm
- Gold-medalist inspires local team with visit
- Martial arts studio emphasizes discipline without violence
- North Shore 12 Gold team captures district championship
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=4905