Chargers begin practice; fans not allowed to watch
San Diego Chargers training camp began Monday at the team’s practice field in Kearny Mesa, but fans accustomed to watching from the sidelines won’t be allowed in this year.
According to team officials, most practices will be closed to the public because of ongoing repairs to an underground storm drain at Chargers Park.
Three public practices have been scheduled at Qualcomm Stadium – on Aug. 5, 8 and 12. Parking and admission will be free, team executives said.
The Chargers’ first exhibition game of the 2009 season is scheduled at Qualcomm Stadium on Aug. 15, when they will play the Seattle Seahawks.
- Charger fans, it’s almost time for training
- Chargers individual tickets on sale July 17
- Chargers and fans to celebrate 50 years
- MTS will operate Chargers Buses
- North County, MTS to operate express buses for Chargers’ games
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=2452