Philanthropy Spotlight: The UC San Diego Foundation
As UCSD continues to grow, private support plays an increasingly important role in continuing the university’s local impact, national influence and global reach. The UC San Diego Foundation, a nonprofit corporation established in 1972, is the conduit and repository for charitable gifts to the university and helps to guide the strategy for ongoing fundraising efforts.
A 40-member board of trustees, composed of prominent community members, faculty and alumni representatives, governs the foundation. The trustees assist in carrying out the organization’s mission of promoting the educational and research goals of UCSD, encouraging charitable gifts, overseeing endowments and investments and helping steward donors.
“UC San Diego has made this community mature. Without the university, we never would have had the intellectual growth we’ve experienced in San Diego over the last several decades,” said Pauline Foster, a native San Diegan and philanthropist who chairs the UC San Diego Foundation board.
To learn more about UC San Diego Foundation, visit www.ucsdfoundation.ucsd.edu.
16th annual Luau & Longboard Invitational
- 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Aug. 23
- Pawka Green at Scripps Institution of Oceanography
- (858) 822-0023
Dinner in the Library
- 6 to 9:30 p.m. Sept. 17
- Geisel Library at UCSD
‘Opening of the William & Lillian Fishman Papers’
- Sponsored by the Friends of the UCSD Libraries
- 3 to 4:30 p.m. Sept. 23
- Atkinson Pavillion at UCSD
For more information about any of these events, visit http://calendar.ucsd.edu.
- Philanthropy Spotlight: San Diego Police Foundation
- Philanthropy Spotlight: San Diego Grantmakers
- Philanthropy Spotlight: San Diego Foundation
- Philanthropy Spotlight: Jewish Community Foundation San Diego
- Philanthropy Spotlight: Rancho Santa Fe Foundation
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=5694