Candle may have caused $4 million condo fire

Someone who left a candle burning is believed to have started a fire that caused about $4 million damage to a six-unit condominium complex in Del Mar, it was reported Sunday.

One person was taken to a hospital with burns over about 10 percent of his or her body, but it was unclear if he or she was the one who left the candle burning.

The fire at 284 Dolphin Cove Court was reported just before midnight Friday and burned for nearly 90 minutes, firefighters said.

All six units were uninhabitable.

A sheriff’s arson investigator told the San Diego Union-Tribune the likely cause was an unattended candle.

Related posts:

  1. Fire damages six Del Mar condos
  2. SDFD reacts quickly to CV house fire
  3. House fire in Del Mar extinguished
  4. Pay attention to fire prevention
  5. Fire map drafted for areas of concern; Rancho Santa Fe included

Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=2271

Posted by on Aug 3, 2009. Filed under Archives. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

Leave a Reply

Archives

Facebook

Bottom Buttons 1

Bottom Buttons 2

Bottom Buttons 3

Bottom Buttons 4

Bottom Buttons 5

Bottom Buttons 6

LA JOLLA NEWS

RANCHO SANTA FE NEWS

RANCHO SANTA FE NEWS

RSS RANCHO SANTA FE NEWS