Del Mar hotel death autopsy completed
Alcohol and prescription drugs played a role in a July 11 drowning death at the Del Mar Clarion Hotel.
Breta Bergin, a 39-year-old San Diego resident, was found face down in the hotel hot tub in the early morning hours of July 11. After being placed on life support at Scripps Memorial Hospital, she was pronounced dead on July 12.
The San Diego County medical examiner recently released the cause of death as resuscitated drowning due to acute alcohol, alprazolam (also known as trade name Xanax) and clonazepam (trade name Klonopin) intoxication. Both drugs are anti-anxiety medications.
- Woman found floating face down in hotel hot tub
- Sheriff: Hot tub death not deemed suspicious
- Autopsy determines cause of volleyball player’s death
- Man dies in fall from Black’s Beach cliff
- Suspects in professors death could get death penalty
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=3084