Bocce ball event raises nearly $55,000
Vigilucci’s Beach Bocce Ball Championship XXIX attracted more than 1,000 people for a day jam-packed with sun, food and beach bocce ball action. The event raised nearly $55,000 this year, more than $500,000 since the championship’s inception. Beneficiaries include Boys and Girls Club of Carlsbad and the Del Mar Lifeguard Association.
A sold-out crowd of 320 teams participated in this year’s event, which was held at Dog Beach in Del Mar. Plans are already underway for the 2010 competition, which will be held in July. For more information, visit www.beachbocce.com or call (760) 729-0207.
- Bocce ball championship a success
- Annual Bocce Ball Tournament on a roll
- Crystal Ball raises money for child abuse prevention
- Solana Beach Ball entertains a sellout crowd
- Children have a ball during soccer camp
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=2152