County animal shelters say ‘Thank You’ by waiving fees
Department of Animal Services Hosts Community Appreciation Day Saturday
Are you an animal lover thinking about adding a furry member to your family? Visit a county animal shelter Aug. 29, and you won’t have to pay the adoption fee for cats and dogs in appreciation of the community’s commitment and compassion for animals.
“The residents of San Diego County have always supported the Department of Animal Services, and this is a way we can give something back to the community,” said Dawn Danielson, Director of the County Department of Animal Services. “If you haven’t taken the time to visit one of our three shelters, Saturday is a great time to stop by and see all of the animals who need good homes.”
Only two animals per household can be adopted. All dogs and cats will be neutered or spayed, microchipped and vaccinated before going home with their new owners. Dogs and cats unable to be altered at the time of adoption require a $40 refundable sterilization deposit.
County Animal Shelter locations are:
- 5480 Gaines Street in Mission Valley
- 2481 Palomar Airport Road in Carlsbad
- 5821 Sweetwater Road in Bonita
For more information or to view photos of available animals, please visit http://www.sddac.com/adoptions.asp.
- Animal center hit by thieves - again
- County looking for dog with ties to military
- Humane Society offers strategies for finding lost cats
- Man arrested on suspicion of beating dog at Horse Park
- Animal center breaks ground for expansion
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=2805