UCSD ranked ninth ‘Greenest University’
An environmental guide ranks UC San Diego the ninth “Greenest University” among the 100 largest colleges in the country.
Greenopia touted UCSD’s environmental reporting, Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design-certified buildings, recycling rate, water conservation program and alternative-fueled vehicles.
However, UCSD had “good, but not great” per-student climate numbers and was encouraged by Greenopia to add more green food options.
Topping Greenopia’s “Greenest University” list was the University of Washington, followed by UC Santa Barbara, the University of Oregon, UC Davis, Colorado State, Stanford, Harvard, Penn State, UCSD and Duke.
- UCSD ranked by U.S. News and World Report
- UCSD celebrates Earth Week with 20 green events
- UCSD hosting Election Night party
- UCSD adds power storage to fuel cell project
- UCSD receives fewer applicants for fall
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=7684