Officials identify man found on Black’s Beach
A man whose body was found on Black’s Beach in La Jolla was identified Tuesday as a 49-year-old Hillcrest resident, but there was no immediate word on the cause of his death.
An autopsy was scheduled Tuesday for Richard Steven Mitchell, who was discovered by surfers around 7:45 a.m. Monday, according to the San Diego County Medical Examiner’s Office.
Mitchell, who was wearing board shorts and a T-shirt, was pronounced dead at the scene. Two surfers discovered the body near Box Canyon, according to San Diego Police Lt. Terry Mills.
- Lifeguards find body on Black’s Beach
- Man dies in fall from Black’s Beach cliff
- Authorities identify man killed in bluff collapse
- Officials say West Nile still a threat
- Bank robbed in Carmel Valley
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=5469