Parents commiserate on first day of school
After dropping off their youngsters for their very first day of school, Ashley Falls School kindergarten parents headed to the Boo Hoo Breakfast to commiserate with fellow moms and dads. The school’s multi-use room was filled with cheerful decorations, smiley faces and brightly colored balloons but, just in case, a box of Kleenex was at each table.
Principal Shelley Peterson, a mother of three children, said she understands what the parents are going through.
“I found with each of them it was still sad to send them off,” said Peterson, who this summer sent her oldest child off to college in Alabama. “But it did get a little easier.”
- Parents get the lowdown at back to school night
- Guest View: Time for parents to pay attention
- Parents protest possible closures
- Actor Ed Asner to speak at Winston School
- Hospital offers summer safety tips for parents
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=5595