Estimated 1.1 million people visit San Diego beaches
Taking advantage of postcard-perfect weather, an estimated 1.1 million people visited San Diego’s beaches over the Labor Day weekend, authorities reported Tuesday.
Over the comparable three-day period in 2008, about 528,000 sun- and surf-lovers enjoyed the city’s waterfront parks, according to city officials.
From 7 a.m. Saturday through 9 p.m. Monday, San Diego police made a dozen arrests – two for felony crimes – and handed out 125 misdemeanor alcohol citations in the beach areas, SDPD Lt. Shelley Zimmerman said.
- Authorities say Labor Day weekend went smoothly
- Police, lifeguards bracing for hot, busy weekend
- Philanthropy Spotlight: San Diego Police Foundation
- Alcohol-related crime down over weekend
- Various Mission Bay beaches closed; possible sewage dumping
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=3503