Liquid Nation honors Flea at La Jolla event
The Surf Industry Manufacturers Association (SIMA) hosted Liquid Nation Ball 6 on Sept. 11 at the oceanfront home of Fernando Aguerre in La Jolla. Proceeds from the event will benefit 12 surf-related humanitarian organizations. The night included special guests skateboarding legend Tony Hawk and Izzy Paskowitz of Surfers Healing presenting the 2009 SIMA Humanitarian of the Year award to Flea of the Red Hot Chili Peppers.
Flea supports Surfer’s Healing, where he helps autistic children experience the joy and calming effects of the ocean and surfing. After witnessing the decline in music education at schools, Flea and Keith Barry decided to fill the void by establishing the Silverlake Conservatory of Music. For more information, go to www.sima.com.
- Liquid Nation Ball to honor Flea
- La Jolla’s Larson: The geek god of wet suits
- La Jolla Debutante Committee honors beneficiaries
- La Jolla artist honors Marines with painting
- What Smells Like Wet Dogs and Surf Wax?
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=4787