30 years of giving back celebrated at CRC gala
The Community Resource Center celebrated 30 years of service Saturday night with a gala at the Del Mar Fairgrounds.
More than 300 people attended the event and more than $200,000 was raised, well over the $150,000 CRC was hoping for.
The night included a cocktail hour, live and silent auctions, a raffle, and music performed by The David King Experience.
CRC Executive Director Laurin Pause, who started as a volunteer with the organization more than 20 years ago, was praised for her dedication and the work she’s done to expand CRC’s services. The organization serves more than 7,500 North County people in need each year through many programs, including its Holiday Basket event and Carol’s House, an emergency shelter for domestic violence victims.
- Spirit of giving makes the community great
- Mayor’s View: Del Mar volunteers – the gifts that keep on giving
- 35 years celebrated: Torrey Pines Extension remains fragile
- LIAI celebrates 20 years at fundraising gala
- Sing-along group celebrates 22 years
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=1693