Vehicle careens off Hwy. 56 bridge, killing occupant
An autopsy was scheduled Friday for a 23-year-old servicewoman who was killed when her car drifted off state Route 56 in the Torrey Highlands area, overturned and tumbled down an ice plant-covered embankment.
The crash on the westbound side of the freeway near Camino del Sur was reported around 5:45 a.m. Thursday, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The driver, a San Diego resident and active-duty soldier whose name was withheld pending family notification, died in the wreckage of the 2002 Volkswagen Jetta, the county Medical Examiner’s Office reported.
The cause of the crash was under investigation.
- Vehicle overturns on SR 56
- Father of newborn killed in crash
- Woman found floating face down in hotel hot tub
- Pregnant woman involved in fatal accident
- Cyclist collapses; dies at Torrey Pines
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=7782