Name of woman killed in Torrey Highlands crash released
The 23-year-old servicewoman who was killed when her car drifted off state Route 56 in the Torrey Highlands area, overturned and tumbled down an ice plant-covered embankment, was identified by authorities Saturday.
Jacqueline O’Day of San Diego was westbound when she lost control of her 2002 Volkswagen Jetta near Camino del Sur early Thursday morning, according to the California Highway Patrol and the county Medical Examiner’s Office.
A passer-by spotted the crumpled sedan and made an emergency call about 5:45 a.m., the CHP reported.
O’Day, an active-duty soldier, died at the scene.
- Father of newborn killed in crash
- Vehicle careens off Hwy. 56 bridge, killing occupant
- Arraignment for alleged crash suspect; pregnant woman killed
- Pregnant woman involved in fatal accident
- Woman found floating face down in hotel hot tub
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=5249