Students seek international honors
In only its second year, the High School Science & Research Program at San Diego Jewish Academy is directing some of its talented science students toward groundbreaking discoveries in sports physiology, ecology, renewable energy, cancer and Bluetooth technology.
Dr. Jane Willoughby, who joined the school’s faculty in 2008 after a career in scientific research that spanned two continents, set up the program.
The young scientists go through an intense program that guides them in developing and executing a high-level research project. On completion, the project will be either submitted to the Greater San Diego Science Fair or published. If successful, they could compete at the International Intel Science Fair Competition, the most prestigious science fair competition in the world.
For information, visit www.sdja.com.
- Soroptimist International of SD honors local women
- Local students take honors in competition at Walt Disney World
- BE WiSE encourages young women to dream
- Local student wins San Diego Oceans Foundation award
- Student uses life experience in science competition
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=7072