Local arts organizations among grant recipients
Four arts organizations in San Diego County were among 26 statewide to share in $10.2 million in grants from The James Irvine Foundation, it was announced Frida.
The local grant recipients are:
- Cygnet Theatre Company, $325,000;
- Mainly Mozart Festival, $325,000;
- Oceanside Museum of Art, $300,000; and
- San Diego Chamber Orchestra, $275,000.
The grants are intended to increase the financial stability of arts organizations and to promote participation in cultural activities, according to The James Irvine Foundation.
The nonprofit foundation, which is headquartered in San Francisco, funds arts, democracy and youth organizations throughout California.
- Neurosciences Institute event raises $90K for arts
- Portion of research grant benefits cystinosis research
- Del Mar Foundation announces grant deadline
- Supervisors adjusting community grant process
- Arts commission seeks candidates
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=4816