County unemployment rate down at 10.2 percent
The unemployment rate in San Diego County was 10.2 percent last month, down from 10.6 percent in August, but well above the 6.4 percent jobless rate from a year ago, a state agency reported Friday.
The state’s unadjusted unemployment rate was 12 percent in September, down slightly from 12.1 percent the previous month, according to the California Employment Development Department.
The national unemployment rate was 9.5 percent last month, according to the EDD.
Between August and September, the San Diego region added about 900 jobs, most in the government and educational and health services sectors, according to the EDD.
- County unemployment rate at 8.6 percent
- Local unemployment rate rises
- Unemployment rate in SD county rises
- Unemployment levels stabilize
- County shelters offering free cat microchipping
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=2838