$2.9M in property taxes returned
Nearly 6,200 property tax refunds totaling $2.9 million are being mailed to San Diego County residents over the next few days in light of lower property values, it was announced Thursday.
The average property tax refund is $500, according to San Diego County Treasurer-Tax Collector Dan McAllister.
“It’s a good news, bad news story,” he said. “The good news is that our taxpayers are receiving a refund check in this gloomy economy. The bad news is that this money is obviously money that the county and other local governmental entities depend on every year to fund the various valuable programs the government provides.”
Over the next two weeks, the Treasurer-Tax Collector’s office will mail out a second wave of 4,800 property tax refunds totaling $2.5 million, McAllister said.
- Residents have two weeks to collect unclaimed tax refunds
- SD County Treasurer to hold online auction
- DM council seeks ways to retire Shores property loan
- Dacus property misuse alleged
- San Diego to sell Heights Road property as surplus
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=1526