Golf tournament tickets help local schools
The Century Club of San Diego, the nonprofit that manages the annual PGA Tour golf tournament at Torrey Pines, has launched its Support Our Schools Program for the 2010 Invitational scheduled Jan. 25 to 31 at Torrey Pines.
Schools sell tickets for $17 each to the annual tournament and keep $15 of the proceeds, with $2 going to the Century Club for administrative costs. Since its inception, the program has raised nearly $6.1 million for local schools. The 2009 program alone raised $530,000. Cathedral Catholic High School and the Torrey Pines High School Foundation were among the top fundraising schools in 2009.
- Golf tickets pay off for local schools
- Century Club: Golf tournament will go on without Buick
- Club optimistic about tourney despite changes
- Local schools ace STAR testing, earn top API’s
- RSF Community Center golf tournament set for Oct. 26
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=3987