Time to fall back: Daylight saving time ending
Daylight saving time ends early Sunday morning.
Before going to bed Saturday night, residents should set their clocks back an hour. The official end to daylight saving time comes at 2 a.m. on Sunday.
States that don’t observe daylight-saving time include Arizona and Hawaii.
The Burn Institute and San Diego County Fire Chiefs’ Association reminded residents that when they set their clocks back, they should also change the batteries in their smoke alarms.
According to the Burn Institute, having a working smoke alarm cuts your chances of dying in a house fire by 50 percent.
- Fall back: Daylight Savings Time ends Sunday
- Free smoke detectors offered to seniors
- Burn Institute offers fire tips
- DM cracks down on false alarms
- Halloween safety tips offered
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=7439