Soldier from Oceanside dies in Iraq
A 28-year-old soldier from Oceanside died in Iraq from injuries he suffered in a non-combat incident, the Department of Defense announced Monday.
Army Spc. Christopher M. Cooper died Friday in Babil province in Iraq, officials said. He was assigned to the 2nd Battalion, 28th Infantry, 72nd Infantry Brigade based in Schweinfurt, Germany.
No other details regarding his death were released, but officials said the circumstances of his death remain under investigation.
- Four Camp Pendleton Marines died in combat this week
- Man dies installing skylights
- San Diego girl, 5, dies from H1N1
- Local Nobel laureate dies
- Child pulled from 4S Ranch pool dies
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=6921