20 arrested when boat comes ashore in Leucadia
Border Patrol agents arrested 20 suspected illegal immigrants Tuesday after the boat they were on came ashore in Beacon’s Beach in Leucadia, a sheriff’s lieutenant said.
Sheriff’s deputies were called in to assist the federal agency around 4:50 a.m., according to San Diego County sheriff’s Lt. Julie Sutton.
Everyone aboard the boat was arrested, she said.
Deputies spotted a man who appeared to be waiting for the group in a van, according to Sutton. It was not immediately clear whether he was arrested.
The arrests come just days after Border Patrol agents arrested 21 other suspected illegal immigrants as they attempted to enter the country by water in two separate incidents. The earlier arrests were made Saturday afternoon near the U.S.-Mexico border and Sunday afternoon in Oceanside.
- Boat found off Torrey Pines with undocumented immigrants
- 20 Mexican nationals arrested on Carlsbad beach
- Suspected smuggling boat found near Torrey Pines golf Course
- Suspected illegals caught in Del Mar
- Drug smugglers turning to area shoreline
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=1666