MLPA panel decision due Nov. 10
A Marine Life Protection Act (MLPA) Blue Ribbon Task Force that delayed a final decision Oct. 22 on choosing among three proposals for creating marine protected areas along the Southern California coast, is expected to render its decision Nov. 10 following a hearing in Los Angeles.
The state panel requested further scientific analysis of habitat maps for coastal areas including La Jolla, Del Mar, Solana Beach and other areas in San Diego County, which could be designated as protected areas. There are now four options for San Diego County. All, to varying degrees, would make marine protected areas that are created off-limits to fishing.
The panel’s recommendation ultimately will go to the state Fish and Game Commission.
- Task force delays coastal habitat decision
- Three final MLPA proposals being considered
- SD doesn’t take position on MLPA proposals
- Proposals for MLPA include Del Mar
- Del Mar reps oppose MLPA proposals
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=5139