Official addresses H1N1 worries
Public Health Officer Dr. Wilma Wooten attempted to calm frustrations over the lack of H1N1 vaccine in a talk last week at Solana Beach Presbyterian Church about the H1N1 pandemic.
She noted that public health officials are hoping to get the next wave of vaccines around Thanksgiving.
Wooten equated the waves of H1N1 outbreaks to the pattern shown by the influenza outbreak of 1918, although she said this outbreak is much less severe. She predicted that a third wave of outbreaks sometime in March would follow the historical pattern. She expressed hope that by then most people will be vaccinated.
— Erica Schroeder
- Infant’s death linked to H1N1
- Four more H1N1 deaths reported in county
- Death is 25th in county linked to H1N1
- Supervisors OK $5.5 million for H1N1 vaccinations
- Two more deaths linked to H1N1
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=5463