CHP reports two deaths over holiday weekend
Two people died in traffic accidents on San Diego County roadways over the Thanksgiving weekend, one less than during the comparable period last year, the California Highway Patrol reported Monday.
Over the same 102-hour span, CHP officers arrested 107 motorists on suspicion of driving while intoxicated on San Diego County freeways and rural routes, compared to 119 during the holiday weekend in 2008, according to the state agency.
Statewide, 37 people were killed in traffic accidents from 6 p.m. Wednesday to 11:59 p.m. Sunday, four more than during last year’s Thanksgiving weekend, and 1,461 were arrested for suspicion of driving under the influence, a drop from 1,530 in 2008.
- CHP will be at ‘maximum enforcement’ for holiday weekend
- County roads relatively safe over holiday weekend
- Fewer drunk driving arrests reported
- One fatality reported over busy holiday weekend
- Reports of roadway problems down from last year
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=2527