$100K oceans fundraiser launched
San Diego philanthropist and ocean protection steward Eugene Roddenberry has challenged 500 people to contribute $20 each by the end of the year, to which he will match each dollar for the San Diego Oceans Foundation.
Roddenberry, son of Star Trek creator Gene Roddenberry, has launched the “$100,000 Challenge for the Oceans” holiday campaign. He also hopes to find eight companies to help the foundation reach its goal by matching his $10,000 donation.
For more information visit www.sdoceans.org.
- Local student wins San Diego Oceans Foundation award
- Protecting oceans now a regional quest
- Del Mar education foundation ahead of pace
- Coins add up in cystic fibrosis research fundraiser
- Philanthropy Spotlight: Surfrider Foundation
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=1524