Canyon Crest Academy students place eighth in national math competition
Canyon Crest Academy mathematicians finished eighth in the country in the 2009 National Assessment and Testing’s Team Scramble mathematics competition recently. Coach Brian Shay prepped the students for the contest, which had them racing to answer 100 problems on a variety of math topics in just 30 minutes. The students worked together as a team to allocate problems, solve and double-check their work.
The team competed in the National Assessment and Testing’s Ciphering Time Trials on Dec. 10 and will participate in the 2010 Four by Four Competition on Feb. 4. Each of these contests features 10 rounds in which students have three minutes to answer problems, both individually and as a team.
- Canyon Crest students tackle latest Challenge
- Local students take honors in competition at Walt Disney World
- Five Santa Fe Christian students qualify as National Merit Scholars
- Lions headed to Math Olympics
- ‘South Pacific’ opens at Canyon Crest Academy
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=2284