Rotarians clear lagoon
Members of the Del Mar-Solana Beach Rotary Club spent the morning of Nov. 8 working in Los Peñasquitos Lagoon Natural Preserve to advance its habitat restoration program.
This program includes removal of nonindigenous plants, planting of desired indigenous plants, irrigation until the new plants have taken hold and removal of unwanted materials and trash. The California State Parks system and the Torrey Pines State Natural Reserve manage the program.
The club has adopted an approximately 100-foot block of the lagoon along Carmel Valley Road near Via Aprilia.
- Volunteers needed for Saturday beach clean-up
- Youth photo contest begins
- Scientists, visitors tally lagoon life in BioBlitz
- Conservancy seeks docents for lagoon stewardship
- Lagoon life to be revealed
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=6256