Man found dead on beach at Swami’s identified
Authorities on Wednesday released the name of a 61-year-old man found dead on a North County beach Monday.
The body of James Mettee of Cardiff was clad in a wet suit and flippers and lying face-down in the sand at Swami’s Beach in Encinitas when a surfer came across him shortly after 7:30 a.m. Monday, according to the county Medical Examiner’s Office. The body was found in the 1300 block of South Highway 101.
An autopsy will determine the cause of Mettee’s death.
He was pronounced dead by paramedics at 7:41 a.m. Monday, according to the Medical Examiner’s Office.
- Officials identify man found on Black’s Beach
- Man dies in fall from Black’s Beach cliff
- Woman found floating face down in hotel hot tub
- Professional volleyball player found dead
- Sexual assault suspect found dead in cell
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=4977