80th Candlelight Ball glows brightly
It was a night to remember. The Saturday evening gala at The Grand Del Mar marked the 80th anniversary “Ruby Jubilee” of the Candlelight Ball, which has been held each winter since 1929 to benefit Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla.
Some 450 patrons (that’s 100 more than last year) gathered to toast both the medical professionals and the community that supports their work on behalf of those in need.
Betty Knight Scripps chaired the gala for the seventh year, and actor Cliff Roberston, a native of La Jolla, was the guest of honor.
- Candlelight Ball benefits Scripps Memorial Hospital
- Crystal Ball raises money for child abuse prevention
- ‘Holiday Reflections’ show shines brightly
- Community celebrates Rowe’s 80th
- Red Shoe Ball to benefit Ronald McDonald House
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=1718