Chocolate work on display
A 100-pound chocolate Santa’s Workshop is on display through Dec. 30 in the lobby of The Grand Del Mar, 5300 Grand Del Mar Court.
Entirely edible, it stands 52 inches tall and 73 inches wide. The workshop took pastry chef Melissa Logan and a team of seven chefs more than 240 hours over three weeks to design and assemble from fine chocolate and other sweet delectables. The “sculpture” depicts 11 cheerful elves engaged in various activities, from hanging holiday lights to distributing gifts to decorating cookies. www.TheGrandDelMar.com.
- Chocolate Candy finishes fifth
- Young writers share their work
- Second ‘Sculpture in the Garden’ exhibit on display
- Artist’s work brightens the season
- Mixed-media workshop offered
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=2518