Gala nets $2 million for hospital
With support from philanthropist and newspaper heiress Betty Knight Scripps, the 80th Anniversary Ruby Jubilee Candlelight Ball on Dec. 5 raised $2 million to benefit lifesaving care at Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla. Scripps served as general chairman of the black-tie event, making it the seventh year she provided philanthropic leadership.
Honoring the rich history of the Candlelight Ball, one of San Diego’s oldest and most prominent events, the more than 430 guests in attendance began the evening with a champagne toast.
The gala was also commemorated with the presentation of a one-of-a-kind rose, the Betty Knight Scripps Rose, created especially in honor of Scripps to celebrate her ongoing commitment and support of Scripps La Jolla.
- Candlelight Ball benefits Scripps Memorial Hospital
- 80th Candlelight Ball glows brightly
- More than $1 million raised for Scripps Cancer Center
- Owner of Padres gives $2.1 million to Scripps
- Fun run nets $6K for group
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=3893