Solana Beach team joins challenge
The Unreasonable Rocket team from Solana Beach was among three selected to compete in the X PRIZE Foundation’s Northrop Grumman Lunar Lander Challenge, a competition to develop a possible lunar lander. Unreasonable Rocket went up against Armadillo Aerospace out of Texas and Masten Space Systems, based in Mojave.
The goal of the competition was to accelerate technology development around vertical take-off and landing rockets, which could be used for a future lunar lander.
This year’s $1 million prize, announced on Nov. 5, went to Masten Space Systems, led by David Masten. Armadillo Aerospace took second.
- Team calls for participants in weight loss challenge
- Teacher makes learning a blast with rocketry camp
- Moores UCSD Cancer Center joins statewide breast cancer project
- Civilian helicopter crash lands near Swami’s Beach
- Weinberg joins theater as development director
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=6908