One dead, several injured when boat flips in Torrey Pines surf
One person was killed and several others injured when a heavily-loaded 20-foot fishing boat, carrying 23 people, beached at Torrey Pines State Beach Saturday, authorities said.
San Diego police were called to the accident in the surf, near the
bottom of the grade on Torrey Pines Road, at about 4:30 a.m., said Sgt. Ray Battrick.
A man and a woman were given CPR and taken to a hospital in serious
condition, said San Diego Fire Department spokesman Maurice Luque. Four more people were also taken to hospital with moderate injuries, Luque said.
Hypothermia was a concern, he said, adding that the water temperature
was about 56 degrees Fahrenheit.
Border Patrol agents took 10 people into custody, he said.
Authorities were searching the area, including the water, for the other seven people, he said. By late Saturday night, television reports indicated no other survivors had been found.
- Surfer injured at Black’s Beach improving
- Small fire caught quickly at Torrey Pines park
- Man injured when car plunges off N. Torrey Pines
- Bicyclist seriously injured at Torrey Pines State Beach
- Boat found off Torrey Pines with undocumented immigrants
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=5499