Encinitas man killed in head-on with big rig
Authorities on Wednesday released the name of a motorcyclist from Encinitas who died when he tried to pass slower-moving traffic and collided head-on with a big rig in Temecula.
John Anderson, 62, was pronounced dead at the scene of the crash on state Route 79, south of Woodchuck Road, at 10:43 a.m. Tuesday, according to the Riverside County coroner’s office.
Anderson was headed southbound when he crossed into the northbound lane to pass slower traffic and slammed head-on into the big rig, said California Highway Patrol Officer Brad Barksdale.
A third vehicle was struck by debris from the first wreck, but no other injuries were reported, he said.
- High-speed chase ends in Encinitas
- Father of newborn killed in crash
- Name of woman killed in Torrey Highlands crash released
- TPHS student killed in crash identified
- Two teens killed in separate DUI crashes
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=3470