Event raises funds for Solana Beach’s Junior Lifeguards
This year’s Future of Surfing event, held Oct. 17 in Solana Beach, raised nearly $10,000 for the city’s Junior Lifeguard Program. The annual fundraiser, hosted by Rerip.com, included a board exchange, silent auction and raffle. The city of Solana Beach, Malama Composites and Wade Koniakowsky contributed to the event.
The funds raised will be used to buy equipment, create a Junior Guard staff education program and fund a Military Family Day hosted by the Junior Lifeguards at the beginning of the summer, a news release from Rerip.com explained.
- Tournament raises $125,000
- The Book Works raises funds for KPBS at event
- Wine-tasting event raises funds for St. Therese
- Mission Namibia raises funds
- Oktoberfest raises $58,700
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=3511