Marines’ and sailors’ expected return to Miramar delayed
Homecoming celebrations were delayed Tuesday for more than 180 Marines and sailors assigned to the 3rd Marine Aircraft Wing based at Marine Corps Air Station Miramar, base officials said.
The troops were scheduled to return this morning to San Diego from a seven-month deployment to Afghanistan in support of Operation Enduring Freedom but their arrival time was pushed back, according to MCAS Miramar’s public affairs office.
A new arrival time was not immediately set.
Base officials did not release the cause of the delay.
- Chargers welcome returning Marines, sailors
- Name of Marine killed in crash released
- Four Camp Pendleton Marines died in combat this week
- Four Camp Penleton-based Marines killed in Afghanistan
- Miramar issues noise warning
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=5017