Girls on the Run sign-ups begin
Registration is open until Feb. 19 for the spring season of Girls on the Run at www.gotrsd.org.
The program is a 12-week running and character-building series for girls, ages 8-12, at 10 sites across San Diego. The 75-minute workout and educational sessions are offered twice weekly, Feb. 1 through May 1.
The classes are designed to prepare preteens for success by helping them learn to set and achieve healthy goals through exercise, nutritious eating habits and solid decision-making skills.
Part of a national organization of 160 chapters, Girls on the Run began in San Diego in 2006. Since then, it has helped some 300 girls learn positive behavior through noncompetitive athletic participation.
The program is led by certified Girls on the Run volunteer coaches and culminates in a noncompetitive 5K event that gives girls a chance to celebrate their accomplishments.
The local spring sessions are:
- La Jolla/UTC: 4 to 5:15 p.m. Tuesdays, Thursdays, Jewish Community Center.
- Carmel Valley: 4 to 5:15 p.m. Tuesdays, Thursdays, Recreation Center.
- Del Mar: 9 to 10:15 a.m. Wednesdays, Saturdays, Powerhouse Park.
- Encinitas: 4 to 5:15 p.m. Tuesdays, Thursdays, Community Center.
- Solana Beach: 3:30 to 4:45 p.m. Tuesdays, Thursdays, Skyline Elementary.
- Girls on the Run spring registration opens
- National group puts girls on the run to self-esteem
- Students help facilitate new Ugandan girls’ magazine
- Rec center sign-ups this weekend
- Pacific Coast Harmony kicks off holiday season
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=3964