Homeless kids to benefit from Diamond in the Rough
The Century Club hosted its fifth annual Diamond in the Rough gala Jan. 23 at the Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines to benefit The Monarch School, whose mission is to provide education to homeless children, ages 7-18.
Comedian Jay Leno headlined the sold-out event, which raised more than $350,000 from the dinner and silent auction.
The gala was emceed by former NFL linebacker-turned sports-radio-jock Billy Ray Smith.
- Rally for Kids benefits juvenile diabetes foundation
- Fundraiser benefits Rady Children’s Cancer Center
- Solana Beach Ball entertains a sellout crowd
- Benefit puts comedian in spotlight
- Patrons ‘Dressed to the Nth Degree’ at hospital benefit
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=4253