Inspired to help Haiti
Julian Berchtold, 8, and Shane Berchtold, 11, were moved by Friday night’s telethon for Hope for Haiti NOW, depicting the devastating stories and images coming out of the country after a major earthquake left much of it in rubble. They were so inspired that they decided to organize a fundraiser of their own the next day. Julian and Shane enlisted the help of friends Jack Stoudemire, 11, and Jake Davis, 10, and set up a booth in Del Mar, selling their own books and toys. They also sold apples and oranges. Eventually, they raised $50, all of which they donated to the relief effort in Haiti. ‘Most people just stopped by to donate money and did not even want anything,’ Julian said.
- Local Rotarians step up effort for Haiti
- Relief efforts for earthquake victims in Haiti include fundraising and a memorial service
- Many ways to help the people of Haiti
- San Diego relief workers focusing on follow-up care in Haiti
- Former UCSD swimmer killed in Haiti earthquake
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=4390