Writing course set for patients
Men and women living with a cancer diagnosis can attend a free therapeutic writing workshop series sponsored by Scripps Cancer Center, beginning Monday, Feb. 22 at Scripps Clinic Torrey Pines in the Anderson Outpatient Pavilion at 10666 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla.
“When Words Heal” is an eight-week workshop series designed to help with the difficult journey through cancer, by means of expressive writing. Sessions will take place Mondays from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m., and will run through April 12.
The series will be led by Sharon Bray, Ed.D., writer and breast cancer survivor. The program is open to those living with cancer, regardless of where they receive their treatment.
Registration is required by calling (858) 554-9376 or
Cost for onsite parking is $3.
- Local teen honored in travel writing contest
- Komen walkers start on Nov. 21
- Locals will race for a cure for breast cancer
- Scripps offering genetic testing for stent patients
- Del Mar going pink for 3-Day Walk on Friday
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=8049