Prescribed burn takes place near Miramar
People who live, work or commute in the vicinity of Marine Corps Air Station Miramar may see smoke and flames from the direction of the base Friday night as military emergency-services crews take part in a routine controlled burn.
The nighttime training operation is scheduled to begin about 6 p.m. and last for several hours, according to the USMC station’s public affairs office.
The prescribed fire on the northern San Diego base’s airfield is not expected to cause any visibility problems for motorists, officials said.
- Miramar issues noise warning
- Marines’ and sailors’ expected return to Miramar delayed
- Camp Pendleton issues noise alert
- Burn Institute offers fire tips
- Earthquake drill takes place
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=5829