Ben Crane wins Farmers Insurance Open Golf Tournament at Torrey Pines
Ben Crane captured the trophy at the Farmers Insurance Open at Torrey Pines on Sunday with a one-shot victory over Michael Sim, Brandt Snedeker and Marc Leishman. The tourney went down to the wire after Crane missed a putt at 17, opening the door for Sim not to be his day. Crane ended the day with a 2-under 70 for his third career victory and first in nearly five years. But he didn’t know he had won until his playing partner Ryuji Imada, who had led going into Sunday’s round, congratulated him. Phil Mickelson ended the tourney in 19th place.
- Scott Piercy leads tournament after first round at Torrey Pines
- Farmers steps up to sponsor Torrey Pines PGA tournament
- Stars still expected at Torrey Pines event
- Mickelson pulls out of PGA tour to support wife
- Phil Mickelson returns to PGA tour
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=2078