Arson fire set at Carlsbad elementary school
An arson fire was set at a Carlsbad elementary school Wednesday, causing about $1 million in damage to a teacher’s work room, but it did not interfere with classes, police and school officials said.
The fire at Aviara Oaks Elementary at 6900 Ambrosia Lane was reported around 1:30 a.m., according to Carlsbad police Sgt. Greg White.
Firefighters confined the blaze to one structure, the sergeant said, adding that damage to the structure and its content was estimated at $1 million. The cause was arson, he said.
The school was open Wednesday despite the early morning disturbance,
according to a school secretary.
- Fire damages six Del Mar condos
- House fire in Del Mar extinguished
- Vehicle flips in Carlsbad Inn parking lot
- Gunmen rob Carlsbad discount store
- Candle may have caused $4 million condo fire
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=1923