Deputy hurt when his car is rear-ended
A sheriff’s deputy was recovering Monday from apparently minor injuries he suffered when his cruiser was rear-ended by a DUI suspect’s car at a North County intersection.
Deputy Steve Johnson was stopped at a red light at Chesterfield Drive and South Coast Highway 101 in Encinitas when the other vehicle smashed into the back of his patrol car about 10:30 p.m. Sunday, sheriff’s Sgt. William Dreyer said.
Medics took Johnson to Scripps Memorial Hospital Encinitas for evaluation of neck and back pain.
The other driver, Troy Otillio, 44, was uninjured. He was arrested at the scene on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol, Dreyer said.
The deputy’s cruiser sustained moderate damage.
- Jockey hurt, horse euthanized on Del Mar’s opening day
- Roberts appointed to hospital board
- Teen killed in rollover crash in Fairbanks Ranch
- Police officer injured in Carmel Valley
- Scripps Memorial receives $10 million donation
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=3209