Free service for bus route 880 begins
Starting Tuesday and for the next two weeks, rides will be free on an express bus route in the North County that connects 4S Ranch, Rancho Bernardo, Mira Mesa and Poway to Sorrento Valley and the Golden Triangle.
In an effort to improve ridership, the Metropolitan Transit System’s Route 880 will be free through Feb. 26.
Route 880, which is subsidized by developer mitigation fees from 4S Ranch, has three morning rush hour trips and three in the evening. The usual cost is $5 each way.
- MTS to offer free rides on Route 880 in February
- MTS providing free New Years’ Eve rides
- MTS agrees to retain most service for SV connecting passengers
- State gets funding to improve Amtrak’s Surfliner route
- New Year’s: Free public transportation
Short URL: http://www.delmartimes.net/?p=3827